Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall Is A Good Time to Change Colors

It been a while but I haven't forgotten about the blog.  We just came back from a trip to Washington DC which was a lot of fun, but it's good to be back and our cabinets are pretty much complete.  If you didn't know Glenda came out for a week and helped me paint our old oak cabinets.  They look pretty GOOD but before I start putting up pictures of the cabinets I want to show you our finished bedroom.



As you can see we haven't found bedside tables that we like yet but thats on our to do list.  

When Glenda came out Grammy Pogue also visited us and help us by putting paper lining in all of our bathroom and kitchen drawers.  That saved us a lot of time!!! Thanks Grammy :)  I also bought my first piece of farm equipment...it's pretty sweet I'm still excited about it ;)

Good ol Troy Bilt!!
It starts right up and runs like a champ!!  So I'm in the process of creating our garden plot.  I can't wait till spring :)  The last time we went to the lake house I found the cutest turtle ever!!  The shell was still soft.  I didn't catch to many fish though and my boat was giving me problems :) pitty sake the list never gets smaller LOL!!














So basically I've been working on the house full time and Christy has been working as a full time dentist.  I think I need to find a job :)  It been nice that I haven't had to work while we are setting up shop in our new home but I think its about time I get a job...I think thats why I went to school for 7 yrs.



Okay now what you all have been waiting for the before and after shoots of our new cabinets!!  It pretty exciting to be done with this project but I learned a lot through the process and I could do it even better next time.


The pictures don't do it justice, but it is a big improvement over the old oak cabinets!!
Glenda...It was Worth it LOL








I spent a full week with glenda, then a full week by myself, a couple of long nights with Christy ( I was losing motivation), and two days to put the doors back on and its finally done.  Now I just have to finish cleaning up LOL that might take longer :)  It's starting to look and feel like a home but we still have a lot of work to do...I think we are up to the challenge!!  We miss everybody, we will be back in California in Dec. I can't wait!!  Love you all

Shon and Christy

The view out of our bedroom window

3 comments:

  1. Isn't my husband the best!!! Well I sure think so :)
    I think he is ready to get a job just to get away from all this work!
    Our cabinets look so awesome!!! I am soooo excited! Thank you SSOOO much Shon, Mom, and Grammy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a transformation! I know how hard renovation work can be. It's all looking great. And what an enormous stove. Did the Duggers live there before you two?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous dear boy! The cabinets are beautiful and I really like your turtle friend. What does your farm equipment do? Does it, umm.. process farm friends?

    ReplyDelete